Cath Kidston tutorial

9:31 PM

I said I'd blog twice a week, and BAM here's my midweek blog post. The tutorial was up on youtube since Monday, but I had to force myself to pace out the posts instead. So here it is!



And here's the list of polish and materials that I used for this design:


  1. Multi care base + top coat - Revlon (used as a base coat only)
  2. WH0002 - Faceshop
  3. All Fired Up - Sally Hansen
  4. Pink (the label is gone! ): ) - Faceshop
  5. Greenwich Village - OPI
  6. Jade is the New Black - OPI
  7. Sea Spray - China Glaze
  8. Top coat - Seche Vite

And here's a close up of the brushes I used. On the left is an old makeup brush with a straight edge that I use for cuticle clean-up, and on the right is my nail art brush. And there's a sneak peak at what's currently on my nails - more pictures on Saturday!


Decided to cut down on the number of words in the video tutorial, because everything's pretty self-explanatory. The last step in the tutorial had to do with cuticle clean up - something I haven't shown you much of, so here's a new tip!

Let's face it - no matter how carefully you paint your polish on, there's always a chance of it getting on the sides of your nail, or worse, your cuticle. When I get polish around the nail, I let it be and just carry on with the rest of the design. Once everything's done, I use a makeup brush with a straight edge to clean the borders of my nails. I simply dip it in nail polish remover (or acetone, which works better, but dries out your skin like crazy), and run the brush along the sides of my nail, and my cuticle, to give it a clean and professional finish. Then, I finish off with top coat - and since it's clear, I don't mind if it goes on to my skin.

There will be another tutorial up at the end of the week, but I'm making it a picture tutorial. It's going to have a few more tips and tricks that I've read about and used myself. Yaaaay exciting stuff. See you on Saturday!

You Might Also Like

0 comments