Here, have a tutorial.

9:16 AM

The past week has been rough, but filming a nail tutorial perked me up a little. Took me longer to edit, and somehow it became a 4 minute video, but hey, it's worth a watch!



So tutorial #7 is on the cut out nails I did last week, and surprisingly, it was pretty well received on tumblr. When you add a popular tag to your post (in this case, #nailart), it will only show on the search results if one of the tag editors select it and decide it's good enough. These editors are also tumblr users, all of whom are brilliant nail art bloggers. Its a way tumblr keeps the tags clean and free of spam, but it also makes finding new nail art bloggers hard to find.

This post marks the first time that my post actually shows up on the tag page. Hurrah! That little teal highlight under the #nailart hashtag makes me smile (: By the way, are you following me on tumblr?


So upon getting great feedback on tumblr -- and from my lovely friends, I decided to make this tutorial. Sit back, grab your headphones, and have a watch. I'm so in love with this tune right now.


The only thing you really need for this tutorial is the nail art pen, which is easily available at Faceshop (which is almost everywhere, thankfully). When I bought it, it costed about $7, but the price could be different now. If you don't have a nail art pen, a toothpick will do! Just be sure to make the tip blunt by hitting it against a hard surface a few times. 

The first time I did this design a week ago (pictures in the previous post), my nails were much longer. I couldn't take the length so I cut them down pretty short. Here's a list of materials I need: 


For this design, you could use any colour to fill the triangles, really. I just loved how these two colours looked together - it's MAC's Girl About Town (yeah, I prolly use this colour too much. Sue me!), and a light blue from Faceshop (I can't read the number of the colour on the tag any more, it's scraped from wear). The fine brush is from a set of three, purchased at the nail polish store in Scape Underground - it's a fabulous store selling just about everything I want in life. If you're paying them a visit soon, ask for seche vite's top coat (it's in the picture above), and Essie's Matte About You. Have them both, and whatever design you draw, I promise these top coats will make it look even more fabulous. 

And that's about it for the design, the video tells you everything you need to know. My sis added that this design will also look good in matte. Mmm that's a good idea. Now, don't be shy, you should give this a try (;


Speaking of my sis, I painted her nails too. Aww those cute little nubs. It was inspired by another picture she saw on the net somewhere, so I simply recreated it. It's not every day she lets me paint her nails.. heheh.


Did a few manicures for friends over the past few weeks, and here are two of them. Melina's is a sweet, lace design, entirely drawn using the nail art pen. As always, I like to outline the nail to make it look finished. Valerie's been wanting Avenger-themed nails for a while, and they took a while to complete too, but it was entirely worth it. Love how they both turned out. I also did Tiffany & Kerry's nails, but I can't find the pictures anymore argh! Another time, then.

That's it for now. Don't forget to subscribe to my youtube channel before you leave :3

You Might Also Like

0 comments