Nails for the besties

5:11 AM

WOW I've missed blogging! The past 2 weeks have been pretty rough, and my spirits got so low that I didn't even want to paint my own nails. Crazy, I know. But im back on track and my spirits are high yet again.

Both my best friends were back in Singapore for about 2 weeks, so I had the rare chance to hang out and paint nails (of course!). It just took me awhile to upload these pictures, heheh. Wendy came over to spend the afternoon, where I tried to mother-fy her by teaching her how to bake. Somehow, she found the henna that was lying around in my fridge so I drew on her hands before starting on the nails.

Best thing about this design was that I only did one of her nails, she did the rest! I taught her how to apply the bullion beads using this technique that's up on my channel, and in about half an hour (and many cries of anguish), she completed both hands! The base colour is Butter London's Fishwife - a colour I've featured before here. Not bad for a first try, though some of the beads are off center.. heh heh.





Had a nice tea drinking session with June at Hoshino at Plaza Singapura (their pancakes are to DIE for by the way), and painted her nails while we drank our tea. Thankfully, there were no other customers near us, and the staff allowed us to take out the polish.

Was inspired by Chinaware, and I thought it'll look nice with June's nail shape. Super simple, only requires patience to get the designs on right. I painted out of memory, and whatever I felt reminds me of Chinaware, so it's more of a mish mash of other patterns too.



On hindsight, I think I should've outlined each nail. I think outlines make every pattern look tighter, and I kinda love how it makes your nails look like paste-ons. 

My nails are still nude at the moment, only just bought a new bottle of base coat. Not really a fan of Revlon, but I bought their base coat out of convenience. I still swear by OPI's Original Nail Envy, because it really works. My nails are harder, whiter, and chip less. What's not to like? I think they're pretty healthy for someone who almost never leaves her nails bare. 

Alright, feels good to be blogging again. I still don't have the time to shoot a tutorial, but it's the last week of school, so maybe things will be difference once school's out. I'm going to give Janice's friend a manicure on Tuesday, and I'm pretty psyched because she's someone I don't know directly. News of my manicures are spreading! If you're interested in a manicure too, drop me a text at 9455 5793. I don't bite.

You Might Also Like

0 comments