Clean up on isle 5

3:10 AM

Say hello to my first gif tutorial! It took me about half an hour to do the whole thing.. I thought it'd be harder, to be honest. But since it's so easy, I may be doing more of these in the future (:

In the previous post, I talked a bit on cuticle clean up, but I wanted to leave my other tips to today so I could show you a trick I use. I've seen it being done by many nail bloggers, so this idea isn't original, but boy is it handy. 

The next time your favourite base or top coat is running out, keep the bottle. Here's a detailed list of instructions:


1. Take your old polish bottle and fill it with nail polish remover, or pure acetone.


2. Shake well and remove every single last bit of polish that's left in there. It doesn't take long, but be patient. You want a nice clean bottle.


3. Once you have your nice empty bottle, throw the polish remover away and replenish it with clean remover/acetone again.


4. Use an old makeup brush (either straight-edge or rounded works fine) to clean the sides of your nails. Run the brush along the cuticle too, so you get a nice, clean, perfect finish.

Like I said in the previous post, I prefer just painting the entire nail art then cleaning my nails when it's all done - after the top coat has dried of course. Make sure you also keep your clean-up brush clean, you can wipe the polish that's on the brush on a piece of cotton wool. Don't leave your brush in the polish remover all day either, the bristles may just fall out because the remover could've dissolved the adhesive that's keeping the brush together. 

Also, when you're done using your clean-up brush, pat it dry before putting it away.

As you can tell from the gifs, my nails are still empty for now, but here's the design I had on last week:


Was inspired by pusheen, of course, and my right hand was just anything I felt like painting.






Practically everyone who knows me knows I'm a huge cat lover, so I decided to paint a few on my nails too. Nothing else to say about it really, other than I LOVE THE INDEX FINGERS. Yep, that's about it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments