I couldn't resist

6:12 AM

My sis got a pack of three Cath Kidston notebooks for her birthday, and I had this itch to recreate the design on my nails. At first, I just couldn't get the cherries to look right, so I tried again the day after and it finally clicked. I've got to be honest though - I spent so much time perfecting the design on one hand that I was too lazy to start on the other. Works out pretty well when I give manicures though! Since I'm left handed, not having nail polish on my left hand makes it easier for me to remove someone else's polish. 

And now for the pictures!


Yeah, I forgot to add shadows to the leaves on my thumb. I was just too happy with the design and covered everything with top coat before I realized the mistake. Hohoho. And here are some shots with the fabulous notebook:






And this is Nala. She likes trying to include herself in anything me or my sis does. That's her, eyeing the notebook. She prolly thinks it's a chew toy. 

Yesterday, the plan was to give Astrid's mum a manicure as a Mother's Day gift, and that I did. She wanted a simple, elegant rose design, and this is what we came up with:



The technique for the roses was pretty simple. First I picked a dark pink for the base of the rose, and drew a flower-ish shape. Then, I added shadows in a deeper red, and white for highlights. The leaves were about the same as the ones I did for my Cath Kidston design. 

Then I also gave both Astrid and her godmum a simple manicure - which included lambs. Who would've thought to paint them on nails? Hahah! It was super fun to paint all of their nails, there wasn't a single dull moment. The first lamb was based on a porcelain lamb that Astrid's godmum bought for her.





Alright, this one's more of a full-grown sheep..

It's a good week in the nailitgood department. Things are going good. I have a dream that I haven't fully told anyone yet, but I remember something from one of my classes that said you would have a higher chance of fulfilling your dreams when you talk about them. Has to do with sealing the dream and wanting to follow through with what you tell others. Makes sense, really, hope I explained it right. So I'm sharing my dream with you.

My dream is to make The Nail it Good a legit business, with a blogshop that sells nail art materials, tools, and polishes that you won't be able to find elsewhere in Singapore. There's so much we don't see in stores, and my wish is to bring them to you. Of course, I also want to give manicures, and to do that professionally, I need a certificate to be a legit Nail Tech. Once in a while, when I get a new idea, or a new detail about this business, I add it to my notebook, or write it down in my phone. I'll have to collate everything and come up with a proper plan soon. And, I'll need to start working to getting income to make my dream a reality.

There's no real urgency in all of this though - I think it has to do with being a student with about 2 more years ahead of me. Feels like a long time, but I really should get started on this. I've been pretty set on this path for about a year now, and whatever small victories I earn just makes me feel so, so happy. For one, my daisy design got 1.7k notes on tumblr! Every time I give a manicure, I feel glad that someone trusts my ability.

I know I'm still young and naive, to think I can have my own business, but I'm trying it out regardless. What do you think?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Could you make a tutorial of your notebook nails? They're so beautiful and perfect for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DEFINITELY making these a tutorial, will reply you again when it's up! <3

    ReplyDelete