Golden Digits

3:47 AM

The stuff I ordered from Born Pretty Store is here! I'll put up another post to properly show what I bought, for now, here's the manicure that I did:

I got gold nail foil, and a wheel of nail studs (which you'll prolly see a lot of from now on). Here's the end result:






I also tried to make the foil cover my nail entirely, but I gave up halfway because it looks pretty good just as it is. I also added silver studs to the top of my nails.

  

And here's my review. The delivery for the items took almost a month, even though I assumed it would've arrived sooner because Born Pretty Store is based in China. So that's not really good. Other than that, the items are affordable, and no shipping fee always makes me smile. 

As for the foil itself, it's not as easy to use as I thought it would be, based on other blogger's reviews. I had to use my Daiso top coat (which I had bought to use as an adhesive for studs) instead of my usual Seche Vite top coat. Seche Vite dissolves the foil, and makes everything go icky. The residue from the foil also gets stuck on the brush of the top coat, so be wary of that. 

Actual application of the foil was pretty simple once you get the hang of it. I'm planning on making a proper photo tutorial on its application soon, but I've got my hands tied for the next 3 days, so maybe I'll have it done by the end of next week. Stay tuned for it!

Because I couldn't use a good top coat, the foil was exposed to the elements. Sadly, the morning after I had the foil on my nails, they started to disappear. It's been about 4 days since I've had them on, and they're almost entirely gone. I guess, because of the absence of a top coat, foil is best used when you're about to go out - good for a manicure that you only need to last for a day. I wear my manicures for a week, so the foil doesn't really excite me any more. We'll see what we can do about it though. Maybe I'll find out some tricks to make it last longer, then I'll share it with you!

Till then <3

You Might Also Like

0 comments