Just Spotted a Stud

5:10 AM

Told you I'd post more nail art with the lovely studs I just bought. I dug through my polish pile (yeah, it used to be neat and organized, but it's been reduced to a pile of colours right now.. heh) and found this colour that I was in love with when I saw my friend wear it - it's OPI's Just Spotted a Lizard. Also, because that friend has a thing against reptiles, and she may be reading this post, we'll shorten the name of the polish to JSL, to make things easier to write. 

Have I talked about this colour before? It's one of the few duochrome polishes I own. The sad thing is, the two sheens are clearer on the bottle than on my nails. My camera was trying its best to capture the duochrome, and it shows pretty well in some of the shots. It starts off a shade of olive, and darkens to darker green with a teal tinge around the tips of my nail, depending on the lighting. The polish itself is a dream to paint, and doesn't streak. Overall, such a pretty colour.



I wanted to make it simple without it being plain, so I started by adding a border in black, then adding the studs. Here's a shot of the studs I bought:



It's a stud wheel I bought from Born Pretty Store, here's the link to it. What came was a little different from what the picture on the website showed, but I'm not complaining. It's a pretty good selection of studs to choose from. 

It's about the first time I'm using so many different types of studs, and I was suddenly unsure of how to use them. It's like I completely forgot how they could be arranged, hahah! Had to go to tumblr and look at a few photos before I got the hang of it. 


The studs come in both silver and gold, universal stud colours I guess. I'm now looking out for matte black studs next. Those will look pretty cool.

After painting a black border around the nails on my right hand, I realized I didn't really like how it looked so I kept my right hand plain and simple:


You can really see the sheen in the next few shots.

 



And this was a drama shot that I just couldn't resist putting up here:

   


Using the studs were easy. After the JSL was dry, I added a layer of a brandless top coat (or you could use any clear polish that isn't fast drying) around the area I was going to put the studs, then picked the studs up using this method, and placing it on my nail. After that, I press them into place, and run a coat of Seche Vite over everything. When you're doing this, remember to get the nooks around the studs - you don't want a bubble forming. Make sure you get all the edges. Once that's done, those studs will stay in place no matter how crazy your week is going to be.

I purposely left the studs on my right hand without a top coat over them to see how long they'd last without a layer of protection. Turns out, only 1 stud fell off, so that's pretty good hold. However, the studs did get scratched, and the gold was fading from the studs, showing the silver underneath. Definitely add top coat over if you're interested in adding studs to your nails.

Wow that was a long post. But I've got more to say! Check it out:



My tumblr turned 2! And I finally reached a thousand followers! Yeah, I'm pretty sure half the people & blogs I know have more followers than that, but I'm pretty pleased nonetheless. Funny thing is, I was so close to 1k for a week, but I kept gaining and losing followers every few hours. Now that I've crossed the mark, I'm feeling pretty good.

This blog has also gained a few followers, and to you I say thank you! I know I say this in just about every post, but I've got a crazy week ahead. The training for my new job is gonna start soon, not to mention the 2 tests I have this coming week. I really should be studying, but here I am streaming Firefly. Teehee.

Thanks for reading!

You Might Also Like

0 comments