Astral enough

5:50 AM

I towly meant to have this uploaded over the weekend, but had to put in significant hours into other awesome stuff, so here's my weekly blog post! Before I want to start talking about the design, I just really want to express how much I can't wait for this semester to be over. Having to fast on top of other commitments is taking a toll on my mind! Can't wait for Hari Raya (:So here's what I have on my nails right now:As you can tell, I messed up the design on my ring finger on my left hand, and I decided to just remove the whole thing and leave that one empty.. hehheh. The method I used to do this design is taken from this post, but read on and I'll tell you how I painted this design. First I started with a white base colour, and added top coat so it would dry faster. But then I was in a rush to get to work, so I left it just bare overnight. This really allowed the paint to dry completely of course. If you're doing this at home, you might want to watch TV for about half an hour while waiting for your base colour to dry. To make sure it's dry, try making dents with your nail on the polish. If it's completely dry, it should be rock hard.Then comes the nail tape. You can get it at any nail art stores, I got mine at Deco Den at Bugis Junction, but I've also seen it sold at those little kiosks in malls that sell nail art stuff. Alternatively, you could use scotch tape (just pat the tape on your hand a few times to make it less sticky first). I stuck on two strips of tape horizontally, and four to five tapes that criss cross my nail. After that, it gets even simpler. I simply dab on colours using a sponge. Here, I used MAC's Girl About Town and a turquoise blue from Faceshop. While the paint is still wet, I remove the tapes. Then I seal it with a top coat. It's a relatively quick mani once you get the hang of sticking the tapes on right. It took me less than half an hour to get it done (excluding the time it takes for the base colour to dry, that is).And here are some more pretty pictures:And that's it for now. Going to be keeping this design on my nails for a little longer, I love how it looks on my short nails.Much love (:
x

You Might Also Like

1 comments