Stardust

9:13 AM


When in doubt, bring out the sponge. What do you think?

For this one, I pretty much took all the pastel Essie colours I had and dabbed them together using a sponge without a clear direction in mind. After I was satisfied with the colours, I added a glitter topper on just the white parts to make it look shimmery. I think that final step gave the look more depth, as compared to having it look flat like I pasted a nail sticker on instead! My initial plan was to get this base done, then draw some white flowers on top. But after completing it, I decided I loved them just as they are.

On a slightly different topic, I think I've decided that I'll be cutting my nails down to a short squoval shape next. Though I'm extremely happy that my commitment to moisturizing my hands every day has made my nails become extremely strong, I think it's time for a change. I may regret this, as I'll have a smaller canvas to work on, but I think it'll push me to think of other designs that'll look good on shorter nails. 

Also, my custom order for hand-carved stamps should be ready soon, and I can't wait to show them to you. I'll soon have my name cards ready! That's one step closer to realizing the dream. When I have them, I promise I'll post some pictures up on this blog. 

Till then!

You Might Also Like

0 comments