Nails that aren't mine

4:38 AM

Super happy that my little advertisement on Instagram for manicure sessions worked out pretty well - I've had two clients this week, and two more planned for the next. 

The first one was for my first, and most loyal supporter, Shelley. I think I've shown you guys pictures of her other manicures on this blog earlier last year. This time, she wanted something vaguely festive (for CNY). She picked out the assortment of patterns for the design, and I painted them on. Shelley kept her nails short this time, but there's always room for nail art.



And my second lady is an old friend from poly! I've never really had a proper conversation with Tania till now, but we're definitely going to meet up much more. You can't stay away from someone as fun as her, really.


She showed me 3 pictures of nail art inspired by comic strips, and let me do whatever I liked with her nails hahaha. I sealed her nails with matte coat (Essie's Matte About You), but as always, I covered the design with 2 coats of Seche Vite first. Since I used acrylic, her nails dried pretty flat, so the 3 layers of top coat didn't add up to much. I wanted to be sure that her nails will survive the weeks to come, despite her crazy schedule.

She took a shot with my nails included, and I really, really liked this shot hahaha.


And here's a closeup!



Super, super pleased with both the designs. I guess the best thing about doing someone else's nails is that you get to paint designs you usually wouldn't do on your own nails. I don't see myself as a comic-strip-nail-art type person, but if Tania didn't ask for them, I wouldn't have found out how fun these nails look!

You Might Also Like

0 comments