I've moved my tumblr!

12:53 AM

Just realised that I haven't talked about my nail art tumblog yet! I've had it for a good while, maybe almost a year now, but it was attached to my main tumblr account - so I had 2 blogs under 1 account. The silly thing about Tumblr is that I can't follow people under 'thenailitgood' account. When I follow/submit/ask people, it will only show my main tumblr account. This blows when you're trying to get the word of your blog out there by submitting photos to fuckyeah blogs, only to find they're directing the crowd to the wrong account. Silly, silly me.


In other words, I had to make a new account to run a proper system! So while I'm re-following all the nail blogs I love so much, you can check out my tumblog here. Most of what I paint will be going up there, along with nail art inspirations & other works of art that I adore. My old nail-tumblog is still up though, since it does have all of my older designs. Gosh I really need to start making a clean database for all my pictures...


It's a slow week. I did paint my nails as I always do on Sunday, but the design is hard to catch on camera. It's a pink base (MAC's Girl About Town) with a rich gold baroque design (from Skin Food). I usually don't do loud colours because I don't think it goes well with my skin colour, but this pink is just too beautiful to ignore. If I do get a good shot, I'll share it here.

By the way, the blank nail spines I ordered have arrived! Have to admit, they came in the mail about a week ago, but I didn't start on them till the weekend. I'm now committing myself to painting a set a day - something achievable, I hope. I'm planning on setting up my own Etsy store, but really, I just want to see what the market for handmade false nails is like out there. Plus, it'll be a great side-project to have that can take my mind off school. Here's a picture of my first ever nail spine, featuring the Swedish House Mafia design that I made a tutorial for earlier (scroll down if you haven't seen it!). 


Plus, I'm starting on a new nail wheel! Chinese New Year is coming, and some friends have already asked me for manicures, so I thought, why not just make a new nail wheel & publicise my mini-service. Made these over the weekend too. It's not exactly done yet though, I still have to paint another 10 designs, but I should have it done by this weekend in preparation for next week! (:


I still love my old, torn up nail wheel. If you're wondering about the 2 missing nails, I accidentally snapped them off when I was trying to remove the polish off. It was kinda weird because the middle of the nail wheel kept getting dirtier as I tried to clean it with polish remover...



Alright, that's all I wanted to tell you for now. Excuse me while I start ironing clothes & sweeping the floor (:

P.S. Seriously, follow my tumblr.

You Might Also Like

0 comments