The Swedish House Mafia Nail

3:17 AM


Yes, I blogged about this design before, but I've finally made a tutorial to show you how you can draw the design too! I have to admit, I've got a fever that made me a little wonky in the head, and I did mess up my index finger in the video, but I cleaned it up after.


Told you this design was easy. It's all about thinking in layers. Before I nailed it, I stared at SHM's logo for a good few days till I settled on the method of approaching the design.


Here's a list of materials/colours I used:

(From order of appearance)
1. OPI's Original Nail Envy base coat (already on my nail)
2. White base colour from The FaceShop
3. Black polish (BK901) from The FaceShop
4. A piece of makeup sponge
5. Reinforcement rings (the type you put around the hole punch to prevent it from tearing)
6. Dotting tool for the white dots
7. Thin brush for painting white stripes
8. Seche Vite top coat

The biggest tip I can give you for this design is to BE PATIENT. I messed up my index finger because the white base colour wasn't completely dry yet when I put the reinforcement ring on. When I pulled the sticker off, bits of the base colour came with it, messing the design. Rawr. To check if your nail polish has completely dried, poke it with your other nails. If the colour doesn't 'dent', then it's safe to carry on with the design.

Another tip is to reduce the stickiness of the reinforcement ring before you use it. Do this by sticking the sticker on your palm a few times so that it gets slightly dirty. The less sticky it is, the lesser the chance of it pulling polish when you remove it. Sweet.

This design is a little forgiving. You can afford to be a little messy, because the logo does have a slightly grunge look - which means you don't have to stress about being neat!

Thanks for reading. Don't forget to subscribe to my Youtube page before you go!

You Might Also Like

0 comments