Oh, roses!

4:30 AM


So excited to get this design up on my blog.

Spent about an hour yesterday night doing these nails. Been wanting to try this method of drawing roses in awhile. Not the most perfect outcome, but I love how they turned out. Plus, it's been awhile since I actually drew on my nails. There's just something about painting on nails that makes me feel so calm.


The colours I used on the roses are absolutely beautiful. Both colours by MAC, the pink is Girl About Town, and the green is Deep Sea. The brush is a little thin for my liking - I prefer the wide-flat type of brushes, like the one Sephora uses for their polish. Didn't matter for this design though, I dropped a small pool of polish on a piece of paper so I can pick up the colour with my brush easily. I used a light blue shade from Faceshop for the base, but I'm regretting it now. A nice off-white or a nude base colour would've worked better.

If you're keen on trying the design for yourself, start in the middle and draw two curved lines. For the rest of the petals, draw more curved lines and make them thicker in the middle. A nice, fine brush will do perfect, but a toothpick with a fine tip will work as well. Don't forget to show me your your designs through instagram!

You Might Also Like

0 comments