Tape Practice

9:03 AM



Finally got around to using the striping tape again! This look was a recreation of a cover from Mollie Makes. I just loved how simple and crisp the design looks so I had to try it for myself. 


This look was quick to get done. The base white colour is Alpine Snow by OPI, and I'm now into my second bottle. Its about as white as white gets, really. 

After it's dried (I cheated by putting a thin layer of Seche Vite top coat to help it along), I painted half my nail a different colour. Here, I used Sally Hansen's Temptation, and Essie's First Timer and Go Ginza. The shade of yellow was an unbranded drugstore purchase. To get a good straight line, it's best to not take too much polish on your polish brush. You want thin layers of colour, not one thick one. 

My only other advice is to hold your breath, and take your time! You can also do this part with a striping tape, if you want super crisp lines. 


As for the gold triangle, I used striping tape and filled in the triangle with gold polish. Here I used Essie's Good as Gold, which I'm super super attached to. Prolly gonna get myself a backup bottle when I can. I love the chrome finish it's got. Then, seal with a top coat and you're done!



Ahh.. That lovely chip on my index finger kinda got to me at first, but it's understandable since I wore this design for about 5 days before I took these pictures. 

And that's all from me for now! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments