Fishy

5:05 AM


Yes, I painted Koi fish on my nails. I planned on making them a little more elegant and less cartoon-y, but the design turned out to be more of the latter. Regardless, it always feels good to paint my nails after a break. 

I didn't paint my nails last week because I really had no time. 2 tests in the same week is kinda scary. Thought it'd be nice to let my nails breath for a while too. Thing is, I let them grow a little longer so I can paint more fish on my nails, and add more detail. That all went down the drain when I accidentally cut all my nails down real short. Plus, I didn't notice how short I cut them till I was filing the edges. I think my brain went into auto-pilot for a few minutes... Side effects from school, definitely. Hah!

I still think they're cute though! What dyou think? All the colours were from Faceshop (they really should name their polishes instead of just giving them numbers, geez). A weird thing happened when I was putting top coat (Seche Vite) on - for the first time since using the brand, Seche Vite smudged the design! I had just bought a new bottle, and admittedly, it's a little runnier than I remember, which is really weird too. Did I get a fake bottle? Or was just unlucky with the weird consistency.. I've got my eye on you, scape flea market...

I did buy a new polish and a new bottle of Essie's Matte About You. Wanted to try China Glaze's matte top coat, but they only had small bottles in stock, and that just won't cut it! I'm thinking of making my first swatch post of the new colour I bought, mostly because it's such a lovely shade. We'll see how it goes.. I may love these fishies a little too much to remove them just yet!






Thanks for bearing with my absence! It's the last stretch of the first part of my summer semester, and things will prolly go downhill from here, but I will try my best to get a post out every week. Thank you for checking my site, I can see the number of daily visits to my site jump once in a while. Makes me giggle a little. Then I realize I haven't uploaded any new pictures and I scramble, heh.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. The idea of the Koi fishes it's just amazing! About giving names, some of them are pretty weird lol Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete