#sg50

8:15 AM

So I've had this pretty IKEA photo frame for a while.. I planned to use it as a nail art menu when I start something but I'm so happy I got to use it for my final submission for class as well. 

The brief was to create something that represents what Singapore means to you, and to me, it stands for progress. So here's what I drew:


 Changi airport, the dragon playground, and the war memorial represents a global village, preservation of the past, and the importance of diplomacy respectively. For the second row, the HDB, Vanda Miss Joaquim and the bus stands for community, hybridism, and mobility. 




Though these little falsies took ridiculously long to complete, I'm glad it turned out alright. I think I had a total of 7 trashed designs, some completed, others abandoned at first attempt. A few of my classmates asked me where I got the falsies from, and I'm pretty sure I got mine off eBay a few years ago, but Daiso sells them too if you're not picky about them. 

As for the design, I painted them on using acrylic as always. I knew I'd have a problem with drawing realistic things where proportion and colour matters alot, so I knew I couldn't use real nail polish because it would dry too quickly. Lesser room for error with that. 

Now if I had gel, it would make everything so much easier. In time, I guess!



I'm like a proud mother hahaha.

I've got a short term break now, so it's time to increase my work hours and save for the coming semester! I may even open some time slots for manicures, and I'll prolly talk about it on Instagram. Follow me at @sitimeera if you wish to stay updated! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments