Gold leaves

5:40 PM


I didn't expect this manicure to look festive, but it kinda does, oddly. For this mani, I used a jelly white base (OPI's Funny Bunny) which I had lying around for the longest time but could never find a use for it. Till now, that is. I only used 2 coats for the design, so it's not entirely opaque. Gives it a bit more depth, in my opinion because a white base would've been too.. White? Hehe. 

The leaves are painted using Skin Food's XX, which I've had for about 3 years now! I use it relatively often, it just never seems to dry out, weirdly enough.. 

I've had this manicure on for about 5 days now, and it's begun to lift off my nail. Not bad for non-gelish, considering I do tons of washing at work. Most of the time, the manicures I paint don't chip that quickly. My usual problem is that my nails grow out quickly, so it makes a weird gap between my cuticle and the manicure. 

If you follow me on Instagram, you should see the other manicures I've done for friends over the last few days! I'll have them posted on this blog at intervals. Gotta spread good things out, but I'm pretty excited to show them to you guys :3

You Might Also Like

0 comments