Based on a backpack

7:29 PM

Alrighty school's out, no more excuses. I've got 3 manicures to show you this week, and they'll be posted at intervals all through this week. For the week after, I plan to review a few Born Pretty Store products that they've so graciously provided to me. Right now I can't seem to capture the colour of the polish well on camera, so I'll wait to see what I can do about it.

And now for the manicure!


It's become tradition to paint Janice's nails at Craft Bakery at Holland. They've got a nice outdoor area, and they don't seem to mind me panting nails. So Janice wanted to paint her nails to match her Topshop backpack. It looked like this: 


I followed the main design, then improvised little details like the highlights and dots to fill it up entirely. Who needs a base colour, eh? Not when you've got beautiful healthy nails too. For the flowers, I used two shades from Michelle Nail Colour (I bought them from a store in Cineleisure, and I believe they're made locally). The black is acrylic paint. Nothing else was required but the base and top coat, and a very fine nail art brush. And a ton of patience, because nothing's worse than putting the top coat on too early and pulling the wet paint. 


And here's a close-up. Super super super happy about how it turned out. One of my favorites of all time, for sure! 

And that's about it for now, I'm out! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments