Alpine Snow

2:43 AM

Blogging on the bus again! It's been near impossible to rest this week, but thankfully I still found time to paint my nails.

About 2 weeks ago, we had a product trainer from LUSH UK by the name of Katie. She's gorgeous, inspiring, and driven - frankly it was mesmerizing to meet her. Apart from all the goodies we got (fresh from the kitchen!), the new knowledge added a much needed boost to our service standards. And while all this was happening, my colleague, Wan Ting, was wearing this skirt with a lovely floral print. How could I resist?


And when I tried painting the design on my nails, I realized that I'm terrible at colours. Look how it turned out:


This manicure made me realize how absolutely shit I am at mixing colours, so I ended up using a happy shade of blue (hah ironic). While painting, I made sure my brush was pretty dry so it would form streaks of blue instead of one solid colour. After that, I added the flowers and lowlights to make it pop.

If you want to see how I drew them, head over to my Instagram page (and because I'm on my phone, and the app doesn't allow me to hyperlink, I'm going to say copy paste this: http://instagram.com/p/sXW7a2u-XL/). I'll embed that when I get home tonight..

And now, more pictures. 






And the tools I used, starting with the acrylic paint - which by the way costed me about $4 for the whole set of 12 colours. 



And this guy here is my new cuticle cleanup brush! My old one got too stiff from all the use, so it met the bin. This one's a concealer brush from Elf, and its stiff bristles makes it great at cleaning the polish that missed its target. Me liking this one so far. 



So since I was getting a new concealer brush, I also got a new set of nail art brushes. The one I used here is the smallest of the pack of 3, and I also cut about 3/4 of it's bristles to make it even thinner. I may make it even thinner in due time, cuz the brush strokes it made still seemed too thick for my liking. 


And that's all I've got! I'm going to be painting my nails again this weekend, but I have no idea what I'm going to paint just yet. Still waiting for a little inspiration (:

Till then!

You Might Also Like

0 comments