Happy National Day!

12:26 AM

I almost refuse to say Happy Birthday Singapore because of reasons, so therefore I wish you a Happy National Day! I'm really only mildly patriotic; I love my country but I'm not one to go all out. Although, I'm in the bus to work right now wearing red and white (it's the work attire today, alright?!).


Since I'm on an iPhone 5 right now, I thought I'd check to see how good the pictures look on my blog. Since this manicure is a real simple one, I wanted to put up just a few pictures. 


I think it's the first time that all my nails have mismatched designs... It's also the first time I've used nail polish for my entire design in a long time (I usually use poster colour for the design part). The white is OPI's Alpine Snow, the international standard for white that's actually white. The red was a gift from my colleague who bought one of those huge Ciaté sets from Sephora after Christmas, and it made me fall in love with Ciaté all over again. 

Don't think I've mentioned this before, but Ciaté has a tendency to create semi-transparent jelly colours. Just like how Essie is synonymous with pastel shades, Ciaté does the jelly polish really well. To get the true colour of a jelly polish, most will run a white base colour under it. My shade of red is Boudoir, and even with 2 coats, you can see the white of the tips of my nails on my ring finger. Also, their brush is to die for. I didn't need cuticle cleanup on my ring and pinky finger. 

I have to admit, you'll only see pictures of my right hand because my left isn't painted yet (I didn't have enough time to do them both...hehe..?)

I've wanted to try drawing those peppermint swirl candy patterns on my nails since 2 Christmases ago, and I think I did a good job with my thumb. Then my middle finger screwed up... It's off centre, but I figured I'd leave it there. Somehow I like the way it turned out. 


Like I said, I really am wearing red and white today. I've also been on the lookout for new brushes to use for cleanup. I am currently using a concealer brush from Sasa, and it's bristles are getting a little too soft to clean the excess polish around my cuticles. Been hearing good things about Elf's counterpart, so I'll prolly get one of those and tell you guys what I think. It's bristles are slightly stiffer so it makes for a more accurate clean up. 

And that's it for now! I've got 2 exams next week, so I don't even know if I'll finish painting my other hand properly or leave it bare. The week after that is the semester break, so I'll have more time to talk polish. Till then!

You Might Also Like

0 comments