Mind Your Mittens

6:24 AM

I know I've prolly said this before on my blog, but I do miss painting my nails. My hands seem to shake more these days, maybe it's because it's been so long since I've painted. To challenge myself, I wanted to paint the most intricate rose I possibly could - and here's the result:


I'm going to be keeping these for a week, because I still want to change them for Eid! The base colour I used is Essie's Mind Your Mittens. It's a lovely cobalt blue, and 2 coats seemed to make it look black at first glance. The rose and leaves are drawn with acrylic paint (as always). I bought a new set of (cheap) nail art paintbrushes lately, and I'l prolly going to make them even thinner than my current set. I'm not satisfied with the lines I get (:


To tell you the truth, I haven't been feeling completely myself for quite a while. Things I used to identify myself with have ceased to be a part of me, and it hurts. During this transitional phase, I want to remind myself of the things I used to love, like painting my nails for one. I think it's going to be a relatively quick recovery process, but in the end, I'll have more time to myself. And who knows, something entirely new and amazing could come from this.


I'm still forcing myself to learn Premiere Pro. Been wanting to make insta tutorials for a while, so that's what's next for me. Till then, enjoy the photos!




Like I mentioned on instagram, I'm going back to giving manicures! Since Eid is coming up, if you'd like to get your nails done by me, leave me a mail at siti.meera@gmail.com (or text if you're a friend!). Here are my availabilities this week:

23 July (Wed): 12 - 5pm
24 July (Thu): 12 - 6pm
25 July (Fri): 3 - 5pm
26 July (Sat): 10 - 5pm

I'll need a maximum of 2 hours (so our date has to fit within my availabilities above), and I charge $20 flat for any nail art. So if you're interested, let me know!

You Might Also Like

0 comments