Paint with all the colours of spring

3:49 AM

Although we don't exactly experience the four seasons, I wanted a calming set of colours on my nails that best reflected this time of year. My entire weekend was dedicated to studying for my upcoming tests, so I kept to something simple that I could do quick, but beautifully.


The answer was ombre of course. 




The method I used was to paint 3 colours (in this case, a light blue, pink, and yellow) on a sponge and dab them onto my nail. I may have mentioned some tips to creating a beautiful ombre before, but here's an updated list:
  1. Paint your nails white before you add the ombre - it makes your colours pop more
  2. Make sure you put lotion on your fingers & cuticles before you start - it makes cleaning up the mess easier (a better alternative is to put vaseline on the skin around your nail so the colours won't stick)
  3. Allow the first layer of ombre to dry for a few seconds before running the sponge on it again - if you don't, the colours may smudge
  4. Pick colours that really go together
Actually, maybe I should just do a tutorial as well. The earliest I can get that done is next weekend though...

On hindsight, I should've replaced the yellow. For some reason, I never love yellow on my nails - it just makes my hands look so dark in comparison. But the outcome of this ombre was just too pretty to erase, so I'm leaving this on for now!

Okay, hope you love the design! I have to go back to studying now. Joy. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments