Nylon Nails it #8

3:50 AM

Well I had no idea the tutorials I did for NYLON are already up on their YouTube page! 

Less than a year ago, during my internship with them, we started a 'NYLON Nails It' section for NYLON TV. I'd say it's a pretty awesome venture, considering none of the other NYLONs have done something like this before - plus it inspired me to hone my skills. Before this, I saw nail art as a hobby to take my mind off the stress of school. Now, I've decided to take it a step further and make it a possible business. Plus, it was great to be able to bring what I love to work to make my experience way crazier. 

 

So for this tutorial, we used two colours by MAC: Shirelle and Rougemarie. It's a simple method that works with just about any combination of colours. That's what I love about ombre; it's easy, and classy.  The technique itself only requires a makeup sponge, which you will prolly find around your house easily (the 'finer' the sponge, the finer the gradient). After dabbing the second colour on, use a cotton bud to clean your fingers, add a top coat (we also used MAC's top coat for this tutorial), and you're done. 

Here's a tip: to get your base colour to dry quickly, apply it in thin coats. Sometimes, polishes may require you to apply more than 1 coat to get the true colour - but remember, 2 thin coats is always better than 1 thick one. My second tip is to BE PATIENT. Wait till your base colour is completely dry; you don't want the makeup sponge ruining the base colour when you're dabbing. 

That's all for me, enjoy the tutorial & don't forget to subscribe. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments