The Christmas Nail

8:17 AM


'Tis the season to be jolly. All those Christmassy designs I've been seeing so far has got me inspired to do this one. Mistletoe is still pretty under-done in terms of nail art (to me, at least). Maybe it's lost it's charm. Come to think of it, I've never actually seen actual mistletoe before. 

Regardless, they gave my nails such a neat & tidy look. The Christmas tree was left simple without too many bobbles - of course, you can add as many as you like. Or you could even replace the star at the top with a tiny jewel. Most other mistletoe designs I found around the interwebz had more traditional leaves which looked spikier, but I prefer to draw them to look more like vines. Overall, a quick design to finish.

If you don't have strip tape, I suggest you get some now. So far, I've only come across them at Deco Den in Bugis Junction (#03-06), they do have other outlets too. Its a pretty good place to get your supplies - it's got brushes (including the stripe brushes I used in this video), dotting tools of various sizes, nail studs & jewels, fimo nail art, and acrylic nails. Hmm maybe I should try using fimo some time soon..



Base coat & colour (WH002) from FaceShop. The red is OPI's Meep-Meep-Meep. The green is OPI's Green-Wich Village, and the gold is from Skin Food (BR613). Top coat from Seche Vite. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments