My first step

7:47 PM

This is it. Today I'm taking my first step toward creating an online presence that's dedicated to nail art and everything that comes with it. It's going to be awhile before everything lifts off, but I'm giving myself no more than 2 weeks to get most of it up and running. Goals set without a deadline are just dreams, so here's my list of 'to do(s)' that I need to get done before this site can start its journey. Wish me luck.

  1. Brand book
    • A collection of fonts, colours and visuals I will use to brand everything I do.
  2. Visual presentation of nail tutorials
    • Really inspired by The Beauty Department of course, but I need something different that's equally as memorable.
  3. Start producing nail tutorials
    • Now this - I promise, will start rolling tomorrow. I only have two hands (fortunately), and I need my sister's help at taking pictures.
  4. A logo
    • Here's where I get frustrated and try out a million different font & picture combinations till I finally get the one logo I love. Perhaps I should let this one come to me slowly, even after I start creating tutorials.
  5. A name card
    • This will definitely come after the logo, unfortunately. I'm planning to provide manicure services at flea markets, and having a name card will definitely help my customers remember me.
  6. A great website
    • Now if only I paid closer attention to html class in poly... I'm just looking for a simple layout that gets the job done. How long it will take me to get there? Who knows.

** Update: Just meddled with the look of the site, and I'm loving it - for now. The logo I made may very well be the one I'm sticking to. Its simple and memorable. I'm just going to sleep on it, and if I still like it in the morning, well, guess we have our new logo!

You Might Also Like

0 comments